Along the line of “Where’s Waldo?” you might be asking the question, “Who the heck is Bruce?” Valid thought. Since you asked here’s my version of “This is My Life – drum roll please!”
My mission is help YOU get up off the mat and GET IN THE GAME!
- I live life intentionally.
- I have a ransomed heart.
- I am a Kingdom seeker who believes God’s will can be done on earth as it is in heaven in the lives of people that I know and meet.
- I whole-heartedly pursue a relationship with Christ.
- I respect others for where they may be on their journey – together we are much better off than acting alone!
My overriding desire is to help others know that life is well worth living, truly living!
- I am a catalyst who offers doors to HOPE-HELP and HEALING!
- I am a positive influence in the lives of others.
- I encourage people to make choices which enable them to change the stories by which they live.
- I lead people to answer the question “What makes me come FULLY ALIVE?” and empower them to take flight in the pursuit of their passions.
- I love stories of an underdog rising above the ashes and overcoming the odds!
How do I do this? – I do this by connecting with you, dear reader, through writing! – Yes, I AM A WRITER!
When I write I get lost in the process and love doing it. I decided to take my wife’s sage advice, as well countless others who have encouraged me, and am on the road to re-designing a better story – My Story!
I invite you to do the same.
The following quote provided the inspiration for me to move forward. It goes something like this:
“A writer writes – with the method of transport in conveying an idea being pen and paper.”
In my case, a laptop and software do the heavy lifting. However, you get the drift! I welcome the adventure into worlds yet to be discovered. I invite you to join me from time to time.
I have been married to my wife Jackie since 1978 – nothing to sneeze at, especially now-a-days!
We have had our ups, downs, and in-betweens. God has richly blessed us as we continue our journey.
We have kept our eye on the prize, stayed close to our Father’s heart (better thought – we have allowed Him to stay close to ours), and have traveled this life together intentionally.
Our marriage is like a fine wine which gets better with each passing day. Jackie is my best friend, college sweetheart, and the love of my life. I truly would not be the man I am without her in my world! We are polar opposites placed together by divine design. At times, it gets interesting!
We have three beautiful daughters, three awesome son-in-laws, two granddaughters, and a grandson.
We live in Pennsylvania’s heartland along the Susquehanna River, north of Lewisburg in the north central part of the Commonwealth.
- I love the outdoors!
- I am an avid cyclist!
- I enjoy hiking and kayaking!
- I am a consummate enthusiast of all Pittsburgh professional sports teams –yes, I wear lots of Black and Gold!
- I am a wannabe chef – translated, I dabble!
- I have read lots of books that have played a major role in helping me become a better version of myself!
Allow me to encourage you in the following:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
Why not take a chance on yourself? You never know what you might discover!
I typically post twice per week, currently on Tuesday and Friday. I appreciate you reading this blog and for allowing me to share my thoughts with you. I’d love to hear from you as we travel together! Please feel free to comment or make suggestions.
As the announcer typically said at the conclusion of the old Batman TV series – “tune into this same Bat channel, same time, same station for the next episode“. I look forward to connecting with you soon. Until then, thanks for stopping by.